Are you a passionate writer, with a creative eye, a great sense of humour and (a slightly obsessive) love for all things London City-related? Then we'd love to hear from you!
The Job - Summary
Responsible for brainstorming and creating engaging shareable content for a high-growth London blog, with over 200,000 fans on Facebook and averaging 100,000 monthly hits, you will predominantly spend your time researching and writing articles for the site, whilst also ensuring the narrative fits in with the local tone of voice. You will work closely with an events discovery app and other commercial partners, aiming to monetise the blog when appropriate. You’ll become part of a global network of blogs, with an international monthly readership of over 1.5 million people.
Reporting to the Editor (based in London), you will be responsible for:
- Writing articles, newsletters and other required publications for the blog.
- Managing content schedules for both the Facebook page and blog.
- Be up to date with everything going on in the city (news, events, etc)
- Run all social media channels and seek out up and coming photographers (Instagram).
- Engage readers through original and compelling articles.
- Work closely with a growing international team.
- Strive to increase commercial partnerships and gain more leads.
- Be highly creative and imaginative as well as curious about London, blogging, and journalism.
- Be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
- Be able to adapt your writing style to appeal to a certain readership and make people laugh.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively.
- Be highly self-motivated, extremely well organised and comfortable working independently.
- Have strong attention to detail and a keen visual eye.
- Possess good leadership, people and project management skills.
- High native level of proficiency in oral and written English, Microsoft Office, GoogleDocs, Word Press
- Ideally Graduate with a degree in English or Journalism.
- Being able to communicate in Spanish is a plus.
- Portfolio of at least 2 published articles/samples that give us a taste of your personality.