At Fever, our mission is to inspire people to discover offline entertainment in their city. We are looking for bar-raisers that want to work hard, have fun and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (Secret London, Secret NYC, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret, etc) through technology, resulting in a weekly unique reach of over 15 million people. We are therefore offering a unique opportunity to make an impact.
Fever is already in London, New York, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Seville and Valencia, and is in process of expanding to new markets, including Los Angeles, Lisbon and Dubai. Fever is also backed by top-notch institutional venture capital firms, including Accel Partners, Fidelity, and 14W Ventures.
THE ROLE SUMMARY
Fever’s marketplace is comprised of events and experiences hosted by organizers that we provide visibility to via our marketplace and media network.
However, given that Fever and our Secret Media Network provide us with millions of data points and insights around how people consume offline entertainment, we are now able to go one step further in the value chain and create our own experiences, similar to how Netflix has begun to create their own shows. We believe there is a huge opportunity to create more of our own content, and continue to provide an amazing content offering to our users.
This will be a new role, responsibilities will include:
- Conceive exciting new events - both Fever owned events (Fever Originals) and events for our brand partners
- Work as part of a team, pitching and closing events for brands
- Manage events from conception to delivery, working with venues, event staff and agency or brand partners
- Work with the Fever marketing team to make sure events make an impact: both in terms of ticket sales and coverage
- Manage, report on and grow revenue from events
- Grow the events team in NYC against team targets
- Help to scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices (opportunity for travel)
- Foster and grow the Fever Partner Network: including venues and event organisers
- Communicate product needs (Fever usability) and process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Represent Fever at local events and with local PR
This role demands an entrepreneurial individual with a track-record in the events industry. The role requires a mix of business development and operational experience. Candidates need to be passionate about the entertainment/events industry.
- 3+ years in the events industry with proven experience managing impactful events projects
- 2+ years operational and project management experience
- Strong knowledge of the NYC events scene
- Highly organised and efficient
- Curious and keen to push boundaries and try new concepts
- Great networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Able to communicate with events partners, brands, agencies, and talent on efforts
- Ability to think strategically when faced with an events partnership brief or with our proprietary data on what events work
- Direct communication style and willing to openly learn from mistakes
- Able to handle large amounts of work and parallel work-streams
- Collaborative and willing to get hands dirty and work on all required events tasks
- Fluent English speaker
- Knowledge of promotional tools such as Facebook and Instagram is a plus
- Strong academic background is a plus
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance. Stock options are possible.
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, and exciting start-up that is changing the entertainment landscape.
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution.
- Brand new co-working space.