At Fever, our mission is to inspire people to discover offline entertainment in their city. We are looking for bar-raisers that want to work hard, have fun and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (Secret London, Secret NYC, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret, etc) through technology, resulting in a weekly unique reach of over 15 million people. We are therefore offering a unique opportunity to make an impact.
Fever is already in London, New York City, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Seville and Valencia, and is in process of expanding to new markets, including Los Angeles, Lisbon and Dubai. Fever is also backed by top-notch institutional venture capital firms, including Accel Partners, Fidelity, and 14W Ventures.
We have an awesome culture built by people from different and unique backgrounds (Amazon, Morgan Stanley, Facebook, Google, McKinsey, Bain, Zynga) and education (Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Cambridge). We also have a tremendous roster of investors (Accel Partners, 14W Ventures, Fidelity Growth Partners) who joined us to help conquer the offline entertainment industry.
THE ROLE SUMMARY
Fever’s marketplace is comprised of events and experiences hosted by organizers that we provide visibility to via our marketplace and media network.
However, given that Fever and our Secret Media Network provide us with millions of data points and insights around how people consume offline entertainment, we are now able to go one step further in the value chain and create our own experiences, similar to how Netflix has begun to create their own shows. We believe there is a huge opportunity to create more of our own content, and continue to provide an amazing content offering to our users. Fever Originals represents the next step for the company: We will leverage on the data base we've built during all these years with the market place to analytically produce our own concepts based on data.
This will be a new role, responsibilities will include:
- Do statistical analysis to understand local demand and create a concept/event based on data- Therefore, reducing event risks and promoting participation of the public in the product (event) decision.
- Conceive exciting new events - both Fever owned events (Fever Originals) and events for our brand partners, working with the hand of the Creative Solutions Department.
- Grow the events team in Lisbon against team targets (future recruiting will be needed).
- Work as part of a team, pitching and closing events for brands.
- Manage events from conception to delivery, working with venues, event staff and agency or brand partners
- Foster and grow the Fever Partner Network: including venues and event organisers
- Work with the Fever marketing team to make sure events make an impact: both in terms of ticket sales and coverage
- Manage, report on and grow revenue from events
- Help to scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices (opportunity for travel)
- Communicate product needs (Fever usability) and process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Represent Fever at local events and with local PR
This role demands an entrepreneurial individual with a mix of business development and operational experience. Candidates need to be passionate about the entertainment/events industry. Knowledge of events industry is not required. Strong Analytical Skills are essential.
- Strong academic and professional background
- 2+ years operational and project management experience
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Bias for action profile.
- Strong analytical skills to do deep dive analyses of the data base in order to reach to conclusions regarding price points, trends, venues, themes and concepts.
- Strong knowledge of the city of Lisbon
- Curious and keen to push boundaries and try new concepts
- Great networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Able to communicate with events partners, brands, agencies, and talent on efforts
- Ability to think strategically when faced with an events partnership brief or with our proprietary data on what events work
- Direct communication style and willing to openly learn from mistakes
- Able to handle large amounts of work and parallel work-streams
- Collaborative and willing to get hands dirty and work on all required events tasks
- Fluent English speaker
- Knowledge of promotional tools such as Facebook and Instagram is a plus
- Attractive compensation package consisting of base salary and the potential to earn a significant bonus for top performance. Stock options are possible.
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, and exciting start-up that is changing the entertainment landscape.
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution.
- Brand new co-working space.